Monday, November 20, 2006

Sturdy Muffins

A problem that I have had with muffins is having them go soggy before I am ready for them to. The addition of some rice flour seems to fix that right up. I am using 2:1 Jowar/Tapioca flour as my go to flour these days, so I typically mix that 2:1 with brown rice flour, or divide it roughly along those lines. In the following recipe, which started with 1 2/3 cup flour, I went with 1:0.66, just to make the math easier.

Sturdy Apricot-spice Muffins

1 c 2:1 Jowar/Tapioca Flour Mix

½ c Brown Rice Flour

¼ c Soy Flour

¼ c sugar

2 ½ tsp baking powder

¾ tsp salt

1 tsp xanthan gum

½ tsp cinnamon

¼ tsp nutmeg

dash cloves

2 eggs

1 c milk or soy milk

1/3 c vegetable oil

2 tsp vanilla extract

(optional)

½ c chopped apricots

¼ chopped nuts

UPDATE: I accidently had baking powder listed twice. The second one should have been xanthan gum

1 comment:

  1. Debbie Neff6:36 AM

    OK. I am new to gluten free baking. What temperature do I bake these and for how long?
    Thank-you.
    Debbie - Western Pennsylvania

    ReplyDelete