Monday, November 20, 2006

Pizza Crust and Hamburger Buns

I've perfected the yeast free bread recipe I had high hopes for.  I've used it so far to make pizza crust, mashing it down into a cast iron frying pan   before baking, and for hamburger buns, dolloping some left-over pizza crust into another pan, and not mashing it down as much.  I need to try some large scale hamburger bun production, but the first one went well.   This recipe doesn't brown very well, so watch for that.  I haven't tried this as a loaf, but it is pretty soft, so I don't expect it to hold up in a tall form.

 

Yeast Free Bread

 

1 ½ c 2:1 Jowar/Tapioca Flour Mix

¼ c Soy Flour

¼ c Additional Tapioca Flour

2 ½ tsp baking powder

¾ tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

2 tsp sugar, (or 1 tsp stevia, if making for Hildegard)

2 eggs

1 c milk or soy milk

1/3 c vegetable oil

 

No comments:

Post a Comment