I was planning on having the house to myself tonight. Riley was going to take the Maestro and Hildr to Nearby Competing University (NCU) today to visit some friends of ours who got a job there last year. We are under a winter storm advisory, so she is not going until Saturday, if plans hold.
Right now it is raining, and the temperature 36 F, and steadily dropping. They could have left early this morning and tried to outrun the ice, but Riley grew up in the Southwest, and doesn't drive peacefully in the precipitation. By the time she got there, she'd have been so worn out from the tension of driving safe that she probably wouldn't have been driving safe. And that doesn't even include time for having to stop at a MacDonald's play place (where the Maestro can't eat any food) so they can run.
We're supposed to get ice by this afternoon, followed by up to six inches of snow by the end of tomorrow. Hopefully, things will be cleared by Saturday, and they can go then.
I mention all of this here because I was going to make GF Hamburger Buns tonight, using the GF yeast free pizza crust recipe I talked about earlier. Because the Maestro is GFCF, and can't eat cheese, I was going to make a big batch of dough, and have pizza tomorrow without him.
We'll see how this weekend goes. Hopefully, I can get those done next week.
Needless to say, our short-sleeved yard work of last week is done, and I didn't ride my bike to work this mroning.