Thursday, September 14, 2006

Tropical Pineapple Muffins

I made some muffins for the Maestro's Cello Teacher, using pineapple, nuts and coconut. This is an extension of the Banana Nut recipe. She loved them, but I thought they were a little bland. I only used a 1/2 cup of crushed pineapple ina double recipe. Next time I plan to use more pineapple, and subsutitute some pineapple juice for some of the soy milk.

1 ½ c (9:2 Sorghum flour/Potato Starch)
¼ c Soy flour
¼ c Sugar
2 ½ tsp Baking Powder
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp Xanthan gum
2 eggs
1 c milk or soy milk (or use some pineapple juice)
1/3 c vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ripe banana
¼ c sliced almonds
¼ c coconut
¼ c crushed pineapple (use more, or include some banana)

Most other food bloggers include pictures of their fare. I've not done that to this point, mostly because I am focusing on the method and the ingredients. I realized this morning, looking at the gluten free goddess blog, that people like pictures. I'll try to include more. I often find that I am taking muffins out of the oven as I am getting ready to run for the bus to work, and I still have sorghum flour dusting everything. While I am gone, Riley puts them in the freezer for optimal storage, and there never is a good time to take a picture. I'm sure no one else can relate to this, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment