Thursday, October 11, 2007

Even more things about me

The Thrilling conclusion...
 
5.  I used to live a 20 minute bike ride from campus, and loved to ride my bike.   For years I rode to work all through the year, regardless of the temperature.  I don't like to ride in the snow or the rain, but I could ride until the temperature dropped below 15 °F.   There is something about riding in the cold that made me feel alive.  Now, I live a 20 minute drive from work, though when there are other people on the road it takes me 40-60 minutes.   I haven't yet found a place in my schedule to get the exercise I used to get on my way to work.  I used to swim, regularly but I sprained my elbow and had to stop.   I haven't tried it in over a year, but I constantly mean to start again.  Maybe Tuesday.

 

6.  I don't like Taco salad, but I do like Tacos.  I occasionally like pickles, but only by themselves.   I always have to pull the pickles out of hamburgers and sandwiches.  I've never eaten lobster.  The few times I've had the opportunity I have declined.   If I really love it I'd just be developing a taste for something that I can't afford.  If I don't love it, I'd be disappointed after everyone telling me how wonderful Lobster tastes.   I'd rather live not being hooked on or disappointed by Lobster.

 

7.  I'm over 30, and I've never voted.  As a Canadian, I can't vote in the U.S., and I've always been in the U.S. during Canadian elections.  Because Canadian elections are conducted so quickly, I have always missed the chance to register for an absentee ballot.   Home Town is having an election this month, but I haven't yet lived here long enough to vote.

 

8.  My favourite novel is War and Peace.  Once I got past the first third, and had figured out who the important characters are, I started to really care about them.   The whole point of the book is how to be happy.  Everyone has a different idea of what leads to happiness, and each finds that what they thought would lead them there does not.   The question that lingers over every page is whether they will figure life out before it ends.  The thing that I love is that the book is so long that Tolstoy has time to fully develop everybody's thought process, and show why they try what they do, and why it works or doesn't work.   Anything shorter wouldn't be able to accomplish what Tolstoy is trying to do here.  It's glorious.

5 comments:

  1. War & Peace definitely isn't what many people think it's going to be before reading, is it? Much of it is rather like a Jane Austen novel with all the social intrigue, and Tolstoy's philosophizing is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there you have a lovely blog.

    I have some gluten free recipes on my blog here is a link if you want to check it out gluten free recipes

    Let me know if you would like to exchange links.

    Thanks Jeena :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:58 PM

    Please tell everyone you know to go vote on the Martha Stewart website on Martha's blog for the big idea bakeoff. One of the ideas is to launch a new magazine with Martha for people with food allergies and intolerances. Please vote as many times as you can each day for the next week so this dream becomes a reality!
    Go to www. marthastewart.com and then look for Martha's blog on the upper right hand side.
    Check it out...we need more press and more resources for Celiacs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophia Smukalla2:26 PM

    Hello there my name is Sophia & I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in Feb of 05 and have been Gluten Free ever sense.

    I too suffer from the frizz & living in Wisconsin this winter was awful for my hair and scalp. I do have a website where I offer gluten free bath and body items which i have tried from another company which i resell these items for. The items are good for those just wanting to avoid gluten, but i did find i still had the frizz and also, i am a smells kinda gal, i like my shampoo and conditioner and other products to smell good but i dont want any crap in my products either so i suppose i am hard to please, so......the natural solution for me was to just research and make my own damn line. heheh

    I still offer the other line of products on my site which are great for some people, but if you want more of a true salon experiance with your shampoo and conditioners and other bath and body products, then my new SPA 3THREE line is for you.

    I spent the extra time and money on quality 100% pure essential oils to not only give all my products an amazing all natural scent while providing even more amazing healing benefits.

    I strongly suggest you go to my site www.GlutenFreeSpa.com and get my all new CHERRY BARK SHAMPOO which is totally gluten free and pair it up with my CALMING CHAMOMILE CONDITIONER which is also gluten free. I added an extra shot of 100% chamomile essential oil to each bottle. the chamomile smells just wonderful. it also heals your hair and will smooth out that frizz. also chamomile is naturally healing to your scalp so any flakes or sores will be soothed. you can actually feel it tingle just a bit. it almost smells and feels minty. your head will feel cool and soothed when you use it.

    all my products were lovingly tested on myself and my husband and a few friends and family members but never ever on any animals! i promise you that.

    i have 7 yes 7 beautiful cats and would never dream of testing anything on any animal.

    please let me know if i can help you at all with anything else.

    Sophia Smukalla
    www.GlutenFreeSpa.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:51 AM

    你需要室內設計嗎?請找極舍!他有幫這一家香舖裝潢,香舖的網站設計都找誰做呀
    SEO也做了說 !你的室內設計接了一堆也太累了吧我的媽耶!最近朋友家裡有人結婚不知道需不需要婚禮錄影嗎?ISEE這一家好像不錯耶!
    奧羅拉風格的宜蘭民宿在那裡渡蜜月應該很清閒,京觀廣告設計公司所設計出來
    婚禮禮盒的東西真的很棒!婚禮現場也有人拿加油棒替新人加油
    ,會場現場照明燈也很美,新郎新娘的胸章美美的
    ,連禮車的車燈都是LED白光的從南港搬家到桃園,新家需要室內設計嗎?找這家準沒錯
    這家室內設計做的不錯!室內設計的十種方法
    他們都有,室內設計的道理他們也知,
    老婆就不會和別的男人偷偷去汽車旅館
    房屋還需要二胎
    你家需要來照明嗎?
    LED是未來主流的商品你知道嗎!
    LED省電又環保,真想買一個來試試,我的公司服務的項目有保健食品代工,素食膠囊

    你需要減肥嗎?快運動吧!
    室內設計也包含空間設計!
    租屋網刊登免費不用錢
    清境農場內的羊很可愛!中古車其實性能還是不錯的
    室內設計要找哪家比較好呀!
    a383的網站在哪?
    a383你知道網址在哪嗎?
    二手家具又便宜又好用
    文山搬家公司的服務電話
    好的搬家公司介紹你
    健身對身體很好的
    好喝的茶葉哪買呀!
    A片好多妹妹能看
    SEO排名不好玩= =
    何謂SEO排名呢?
    SEO怎麼排比較快上!不告訴你啦
    優良搬家公司請找黃頁來看
    搬家公司怎麼選擇比較好
    台北搬家公司哪間較好?台北搬家公司的搬家流程
    台北搬家公司,台北搬家公司
    客人來做耶!
    這家的情趣用品款式多樣!
    情趣用品包裝隱密
    你需要情趣用品輔助嗎?
    情趣用品好好用!
    情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,,台中搬家公司,A片,台北市搬家公司,台北縣搬家公司,
    情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,消費券,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣情趣,
    情趣,
    情趣,
    情趣,
    情趣,
    情趣世界好多人做= =
    簡轉繁工具很好用!
    徵信社服務優良,絕不亂搞!
    貨運公司搬貨都有固定價格泡菜好吃耶
    統一發票對獎每月26號要對獎的
    室內設計公司光慧這家不錯唷!
    隔熱紙用了就熱了唷!
    室內設計公司通常都把家設計的很美!
    led手電筒照明超光亮的
    二手棧板哪買?
    a383來看看唷!
    搬家服務地區如下:大安區搬家,松山搬家,中山區搬家,八里搬家,五股搬家,
    泰山搬家,大同區搬家,中正區搬家,士林搬家,萬華搬家,下雨時
    雨傘,這裡有一把優良的雨傘讓你的,制服不會被淋濕唷!制服乾乾淨淨的才是好寶寶!SEO 
     
    這一家的二手車的性能很好

    ReplyDelete